Alexis Marie Photography + Designs in Plymouth has launched a Random Acts of Kindness initiative which will run until Sunday, Feb. 28.
Owner Alexis Marie Brickner partnered with local small businesses which donated items ranging from gift cards for their services or products to tangible items. She also teamed up with local nonprofits, including The Nathan Hale Veterans Outreach Centers, Jeff Cohen Charitable Foundation, Project Arts Plymouth Inc., Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod and the Islands, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth, LEO Support Foundation and the Plymouth Area Coalition for The Homeless.
To be eligible to with the Basket of Kindness (worth over $500), participants need to accumulate points doing various acts of kindness, donating to one of the selected nonprofits or by “liking,” commenting on or sharing the Alexis Marie Photography + Designs Facebook page.
The point system is as follows:
- Like, comment and share the Alexis Marie Photography + Designs Facebook page (5 points each-up to 15 points total)
- Share each Random Act of Kindness on the Alexis Marie Photography + Designs Facebook page
- Post a picture (10 entries/points)
- Post a video (20 entries/points)
- Shop locally with one of the businesses who has donated to the basket (25 entries/points)
- Make a donation to one of the highlighted non-profits (with picture): 50 entries/points
The Random Acts of Kindness, the businesses who have donated them, along with a photo of their donation and a blurb about the nonprofit (all posts are spread out during the day) will be posted on Alexis Marie Photography + Designs’ Facebook page: Alexis Marie Photography + Designs