The results are in!
North Easton Savings Bank has announced the successful conclusion of its fourth “A World for Good” community nonprofit voting campaign. The bank’s customers, social media followers and community members voted for a local organization of their choice. At the end of the campaign, a percentage of $5,000 is distributed to each organization based on how many votes each received. Some 3,800 votes in this campaign were received.
“Our community voting campaign continues to be an outstanding success,” said Rich Spencer, president and CEO of North Easton Savings Bank, which has 18 branches in southeastern Massachusetts. “We consider it a privilege to support vital organizations in our communities that do such amazing work, despite many challenges, particularly during the past year. We love empowering our community to have a say in how much and to whom our funding is directed.”
Listed in final voting order, beneficiaries of the fourth campaign included:
- Winslow Farm Animal Awareness (Norton) – a nonprofit charitable organization devoted to the rescue and care of abandoned and mistreated animals.
- New Hope (Attleboro) – an organization that works throughout south central and southeastern Massachusetts with those affected by domestic and sexual violence. By building an anti-violence movement, they seek to create communities free from violence, where individuals and families are able to achieve their full human potential.
- Hugs for Mito, Inc. (South Easton) – an organization formed to help mitochondrial disease and rare disease patients and their families cope and navigate serious illness and disability.
- Halifax VFW (Halifax) – the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard, and reserve forces.
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions (Brockton, Kingston, New Bedford and Quincy) – the leading housing service provider in southern Massachusetts that builds and manages homes for people in need as well as provides a wide range of housing services, including foreclosure prevention counseling, home rehabilitation loans and grants, financial coaching, and first-time homebuyer workshops.
- South Shore Community Action Council (Plymouth) – a private nonprofit organization providing a range of critical services to low-income individuals and families on the South Shore.