Martha’s Vineyard Bank’s Grand Opening for its newest location on the Village Green in Falmouth at 84 Main St. is taking place today from 11 to 4 p.m. This historic building has been a banking site for more than 200 years.
Visitors can enjoy treats and activities such as Ben & Bill’s Ice Cream, Maison Villatte pastries, popcorn, Plinko Game, giveaways and raffle prizes, a photo booth and special offers.
On June 17, the bank hosted its first in-person Business After Hours event at the Village Green location, in conjunction with the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce, as part of the Grand Opening celebration.
“Our newest location at the historic Village Green location furthers our commitment to the Falmouth community,” said James M. Anthony, president and CEO of Martha’s Vineyard Bank. “All of us at Martha’s Vineyard Bank look forward to serving our neighbors in Falmouth.”
“We look forward to sharing a unique approach to banking that combines personal service, a proactive consultative approach, and local decision-making with all of the conveniences of modern technology,” said Teri Ferreira-Keyes, Falmouth Regional branch manager for Martha’s Vineyard Bank.
Renovations began in January 2021 with the goal of preserving as many historical components as possible while adding technology and innovation to meet customer needs. Phase Two is expected to begin this fall.
The project architect is Joanne Gosser of Synergy MV.
Renovation highlights Include:
- All original brass hardware on the front door was preserved and a boat specialist was hired to polish it to its former glory.
- “L-Shaped” Teller Line with a 90-degree bend to accommodate the large space.
- Ship model at end of teller line to remind customers of our connection to the shipbuilding and whaling industries of the early 1800’s – when this location became a bank.
- Addition of a “Cash Recycler” (a vault that dispenses cash) instead of “Teller Drawers,” enabling the use of more open space to do deposits and withdrawals.
- Wainscoting purposefully matched throughout to give a uniform look to the space – whatever was “re-done,” the wainscoting matched what was previously there.
- Use of original moldings where possible.
Martha’s Vineyard Bank is one of the first banks on Cape Cod and the Islands to utilize Interactive Teller Machines to enhance the drive-up banking experience. The ITM is user-friendly and easy-to-operate – one simply drives up, touches the screen, and a friendly Martha’s Vineyard Banker will assist. The ITM uses a high-definition video chat to connect customers with full-service tellers and can help with cash and check deposits, loan payments, transfers to and from accounts, and many other transactions.
For more information visit local.mvbank.com