BUZZARDS BAY – The Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber is celebrating businesses and people in the community with the 1st Annual “Bridge Awards”, at the newly renovated Stone Path Malt, 11 Kendrick Road, Wareham Industrial Park, on Wednesday, May 1st, 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
Marie Oliva stated: “The Bridge Awards is a new concept adopted by the Chamber Board of Directors to recognize chamber members and the public at large for making a positive impact in the region. We aim to recognize businesses and people who have excelled in a service or area of expertise during the 2018 calendar year. All chamber members and the public at large are eligible to be nominated to win. Winners will be announced publicly during the event.”
Nominations can be made on-line at capecodcanalchamber.org or stop in the Chamber office at 70 Main Street, Buzzards Bay to pick up an application. Applications may also be downloaded off our website.
The following are the categories to pick from: Nominees are encouraged to select as many categories that are fitting for 2018. Entry Fee $50 per category.
- Innovation- Awarded to a business or an individual that brings new ideas to life. A leader in their industry by creating more effective processes, products and ideas to better deliver products and ideas. Evaluation criteria: engineering quality, aesthetic and design quality, product use/ function and user value. How did the business or person stand out among others in 2018?
- Community Partner- Awarded to a business or individual that has demonstrated a commitment to being community-engaged and actively contributes to the growth and vitality of the community. Evaluation criteria: active role in community events through volunteerism, monetary donation or hosting community events; an active business within the community.
- Best Show Room- Awarded to a business that engages customers and leaves them with an unforgettable experience. Evaluation criteria: innovative, unique, interactive design.
- Technology- Awarded to a business or an Individual that is on the cutting-edge of technology, shaking up the status quo, using technology to communicate and maximize the delivery of goods and services with efficiency. Evaluation criteria: collaboration between service, technology for cross-disciplinary application.
- Customer Service- Awarded to a business or an Individual that excels in customer service by supporting their customers and meeting their needs quickly and efficiently. This Individual/Business establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships with their customers. This business aids diverse groups of people with varying needs. Evaluation criteria: proven customer satisfaction and retention, referrals and community presence.
- Best Use of Social Media-Awarded to a business or an Individual that creates relevant social experiences through digital innovation to build an engaged community, to market their services or goods with the most effective results. Evaluation criteria: most visible, active and engaged followers, effective advertising/marketing message, posts that engage the community and bring awareness to social, economic and other community-related issues.
- Young Professional- Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated a passion and dedication for their industry and has made a significant impact in their community through strong leadership, teamwork and integrity. Evaluation criteria: must be age 40 and under, working within an organization or an entrepreneur, career progress, industry involvement, establish them self as an exceptional member of their community.
- Economic Impact- Awarded to your business that has proven financial performance, growth, community involvement and overall impact in the community. Evaluation criteria: years in business, jobs, housing, giving back to the community.
- Startup Company of the Year- Awarded to a business that is emerging from within their field as a leader, innovator, best new business by attracting people to the community and providing them with the goods and services they seek right where they live and work. Evaluation criteria: must be in business for 5 years or less.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window