Based upon the Massachusetts Baker-Polito health and safety guidelines and phased re-opening plans, YMCA Cape Cod is re-opening all but one of its Early Education Care locations as well as its summer camps.
Early Education Care locations opening as of today, June 29, include:
- Lyndon P. Lorusso YMCA Early Education Center, West Barnstable.
- Falmouth Hospital Campus Early Education Center, Falmouth
- North Falmouth Congregational Church Early Education Center, North Falmouth
- Harwich Elementary School Early Education Center, Harwich
- Stony Brook Elementary School Early Education Center, Brewster
Summer camps are reopening at:
- YMCA Camp Lyndon in Sandwich;
- YMCA Camp West Barnstable;
- YMCA Camp Harwich and
- YMCA Camp Falmouth, opening Wednesday, July 1.
Details regarding COVID-19 safety protocols, hours, fees, registration, etc. can be found on the YMCA website main landing page (https://ymcacapecod.org/).
YMCA Cape Cod has been a designated emergency childcare provider since March, serving children of front-line health care and essential workers. That program, partially subsidized by the state and offered as a free service, ended Sunday, June 28.
“It has been our honor to serve those families needing Emergency Child Care over the last three months,” said YMCA Cape Cod CEO Stacie Peugh. “We have poured our hearts and souls into supporting the care (and feeding) of the Cape’s essential workers’ children. Our staff joined front line health care workers on their own front line taking the risks necessary to stand strong for our community during this pandemic. We hope many of the families we served found a new home at the YMCA Cape Cod. We invite those families to stay with us in this next chapter of re-opening. I am grateful for and proud of the YMCA Cape Cod staff who make this possible as we re-open ‘new normal’ childcare services on Cape Cod starting Monday, June 29.”