Nonprofit will receive $35,000 and media exposure in 2018
Citizens Bank and NECN are now accepting applications for the first Champions in Action of 2018, this time in the community arts category. The Champions in Action program provides financial, volunteer, and public relations support to local nonprofits.
Nonprofit organizations focused on solving a social need through community-based artistic activity in our communities are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in January 2018. Applications can be completed online at http://www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by August 18, 2017 at midnight EDT.
Champions in Action is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. It provides support for small nonprofit organizations to recognize their contributions to communities throughout Massachusetts.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
- a $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from Citizens Bank;
- a series of public service announcements and television profiles that will air over the course of six months on NECN;
- Citizens Bank colleagues will volunteer during the nonprofit’s programs and events;
- the opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in an “Executive-to-Executive” mentorship with a Citizens Bank executive;
- complimentary membership to the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network;
- promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action in Citizens Bank branches;
- exposure on the Citizens Bank and NECN websites.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
- Be a Massachusetts-based nonprofit organization that serves Massachusetts and addresses the designated social concern;
- Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities is part of the bank’s broader Citizens Helping Citizens program addressing four key areas: hunger, strengthening communities, financial education and volunteerism. Get more information about Citizens Bank’s community initiatives online.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window