- This event has passed.
Towns & Housing: What Is Going On In Your Backyard?
December 9, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Lack of access to housing is a major issue on Cape Cod and across the country for all sectors of the population. The COVID-19 pandemic and its many challenges have exacerbated this issue, both highlighting that “housing is a matter of public health” and slowing forward progress in towns across the Cape. The eviction moratorium and decreased employment in our communities add to the crisis feeling of the moment. However, many of our towns are working on solutions and they need your support by saying “Yes in My Backyard”.
This virtual session will:
Bring attendees up to date on current housing issues affecting the Cape and its residents;
- Share best practices from towns across the area to inspire action; and,
- Identify advocacy opportunities and action steps participants can take.
- Andrea Aldana, Moderator, Director of Housing Advocacy, Community Development Partnership
- Hilda Haye, Member, Barnstable Housing Committee
- Elaine McIlroy, Chair, Wellfleet Housing Authority
- Shawna Moos, Vice President of Operations & Strategic Initiatives, Housing Assistance Corporation
- Mary Waygan, Affordable Housing Coordinator, Town of Yarmouth; Member and past Chair, Mashpee Planning Board