(Falmouth – April 2, 2019) The Falmouth Hospital Medical Staff is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship awards to area high school students. The Medical Staff will award four scholarships of $1,000 each to qualified students, as determined by the Medical Staff Scholarship Committee.
Since 2008, the Medical Staff has been awarding scholarships to students from the Upper Cape towns of Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee and Sandwich, who are pursuing their education in a clinical/medical field at a college or university. Since 2014, the opportunity now includes students who are pursuing education in any field, and to students accepted to a trade school.
To be eligible for one of the scholarships, a student must:
- Be a high school senior who resides in Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee or Sandwich
- Be accepted to a university, college or trade school
- Have a demonstrated need for financial aid
- Complete the scholarship application which includes:
- An essay of no more than 500 words describing how Falmouth Hospital or Falmouth Hospital physicians have positively impacted your family and/or friends.
- Your plans for financing your education and your need for the scholarship.
- A copy of your high school transcript.
- Two letters of reference from people with knowledge of such things as your scholastic achievement, community/volunteer activities, leadership qualities, and career potential. Family members and personal friends are excluded as references.
To obtain a scholarship application, please contact the Falmouth Hospital Administration Office at 508-457-3500. Completed applications must be received no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Scholarships will be awarded in July 2019.
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 500 physicians, 5,700 employees and 900 volunteers and auxilians, Cape Cod Healthcare has two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility, four urgent care centers and numerous health programs. For more information, visit Cape Cod Healthcare’s web site at www.capecodhealth.org. Cape Cod Healthcare. Visit our health news site www.capecodhealthnews.com for the latest in relevant and credible healthcare news.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window