January 1, 2020 –Starting January 1, 2020 through April 1, 2020, First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is accepting applications for the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation Scholarship Program. Applications are available at all First Citizens’ branch offices or online at www.firstcitizens.org.
We aspire to strengthen the communities we serve by empowering our younger generations to strive for excellence. We offer scholarships to students who exhibit the academic excellence and drive to make their dreams a reality. The First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is proud to offer THREE $5,000 scholarships to three graduating high school students.
In addition, the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is once again sponsoring the Barbara Whitehead Silva Scholarship. This scholarship is in honor of Mrs. Barbara Silva, former President/CEO, who retired from First Citizens’ after working here for 45 years. In appreciation of her dedicated years of service, First Citizens’ is proud to offer ONE $1,000 scholarship to a student of the graduating class of 2020.
Scholarship Program Requirements:
- The applicant and/or parent(s)/guardian(s) MUST be a member of First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union to be eligible to apply.
- Scholarships shall be limited to graduating high school seniors who will be furthering their education in an accredited two or four-year college program.
- Completed application.
- An official copy of your high school transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from someone other than a parent/guardian who has experience working with you through a school activity, job, or community involvement.
- A type written, single spaced essay (500-600 words) that answers the essay question found on the backside of the application.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2020.
About First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation
First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation was established in 2019 by First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union as part of its commitment to the community. The purpose of the First Citizens’ Charitable Foundation is to promote economic advancement in communities where First Citizens’ members and employees live and work. Our hope is to support and improve our communities by establishing a relationship with local organizations and providing financial support. First Citizens’ is one of the premier financial institutions on Cape Cod, Southeastern and North Shore Massachusetts. Today, with over 80,000 members and assets over $750 million, First Citizens’ has full service offices in New Bedford, Raynham, Taunton, Mattapoisett, Wareham, Falmouth, Mashpee, Hyannis, Orleans, Hanover and a lending office in Plymouth, MA. For more information, visit www.firstcitizens.org.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window