United Way of Greater Plymouth County recently announced the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes.com site. For the 12th year, United Way is providing online tax filing software, accessible through MyFreeTaxes.com, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone. MyFreeTaxes® is a free and easy way to file federal and state tax returns with no income restrictions.
“Taxes can be a source of confusion and stress,” said Dennis Carman, United Way of Greater Plymouth County president and CEO. “Many of us are intimidated by the complexities of taxes and afraid to make a mistake that will cost money. We want to make the community aware of United Way’s tax program. It allows folks to take advantage of all the tax credits and deductions they qualify for. That’s especially important now, as so many are struggling as we work to recover from the pandemic.”
Key features of the online resource include:
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline. The Helpline is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST daily to clarify things like filing status.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employees easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is free for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com.
MyFreeTaxes users can also contact United Way of Greater Plymouth County for additional resources or to find ways to volunteer to support the community.