How can executive job seekers check out if a top executive resume writing service is the real deal? First know that research on top 10 executive resume writing services in 2020 needs to be done differently than one has done in past years when hiring an executive resume writing services provider.
Here is how you can check if the service has legitimately worked for other clients.
1. Go to the LinkedIn Profile of the owner of the top executive resume writing service.
2. Scroll down to the Recommendations Section of their Profile.
3. Peruse through the LinkedIn Profile Recommendations looking for ones that seem like clients and mention writing career documents (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.).
4. Look at the date of the LinkedIn recommendation.
5. Then click through to the LinkedIn profile of the person giving the recommendation. Look if they made a job change a few months before or after this date of the recommendation.
Occasionally, clients hire top executive resume writing services to be proactive and have no intention to do a job change. Or they do a job search only to realize they have a good situation where they are and they stay…again, not doing a job change. But this is infrequent. Most clients hire top executive resume writing services to do a job change. So the majority of the LinkedIn recommendations of the owner of the executive resume writing service should show clients making job changes if they are truly effective for their clients and worth your investment.
Looking for job changes in client LinkedIn Profiles is one of the only reliable ways to evaluate top executive resume writing services in 2020 and the above information should be invaluable to show you how to do that.
Lisa Rangel, founder and managing director of https://chameleonresumes.com/ (a Forbes Top 100 Career Website), is a Certified Professional Resume Writer, Job Landing Consultant & 13-year Recruiter. Lisa is also a paid moderator for LinkedIn’s Premium Career Group.