Cape & Plymouth Business Media is hiring an experienced Business Development Lead to prospect for new business, help drive financial growth, and promote continued awareness of the thought leadership, speaking opportunities, and business news we provide to Cape Cod, Islands, and the Plymouth region.
This position will primarily be split between 50% sales development and 50% adding value to our current customers.
- Prospecting, contacting, networking, and social media community building for the purposes of closing new business
- Attending key community events in our coverage area
- Finding speakers and content for our events and assisting to curate a list of engaging thought leaders
- Helping to find business news and feature story ideas for our website, magazine and social media channels
- Documenting activities via our simple tracking system
- Ensuring that event and news sponsors are well-positioned in our monthly editions, weekly newsletters, social media posts and in other ways we can provide value for their support
- Rapport-building capabilities
- Organizational and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of social media and community building skills
- Ability to complete research via personal network or Internet
- A creative marketing mind with word-smithing capabilities a plus
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Successful direct sales with a minimum of 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: To be discussed in connection with benefits
Schedule: Flexible. Many of our customers work and are available Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Attendance at some evening events may be requested or required to achieve the goals of this position.
Supplemental pay: Bonus structure. Event admission and mileage reimbursement.
Work location: This is a work from home position. Ideally, this candidate will need to attend in person events concentrated between Cape Cod and Plymouth. Remote with meeting and collaboration space available in Hyannis.