“Do you know an organization that does an outstanding job of retaining employees as they age? That purposefully recruits older workers as part of its staffing strategy?
If so, nominate that organization for a 2019 Age Forward Employer Award.
The Age Forward Employer Awards – an initiative of the MassHire Cape & Islands Workforce Board and MassHire Cape & Islands Career Center in partnership with Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands — honor employers who recognize the value of older workers and maximize the potential of their workers as they age.
By embracing the multigenerational workplace as an opportunity, these visionaries use innovation, flexibility and creative talent management to stay ahead. They also realize that hiring, retaining and using older workers strategically can solve a variety of pressing problems business owners face.
Age forward strategies directly support and utilize the talents of older workers, but these strategies benefit all workers. Age forward strategies have helped employers lower costs, boost productivity, spark new business, and better align their products and services with Cape Cod’s booming older adult consumer market.
Some businesses don’t realize they’re age forward. Age-forward practices include:
- flex hours and telecommuting
- phased retirement
- encouraging mentor relationships
- wellness programs
- recruiting older workers
- cross-training all workers
- allowing employees to swap shifts
- creating new paths of advancement within a business
- redesigning jobs to accommodate changing physical abilities
- enlisting older workers to strategically retain and transfer a business’s networks and knowledge across generations
- rewarding employees who model work ethic and emotional intelligence for others
- ensuring that training and development opportunities are offered to workers of all ages
Go to www.AgeForward.cc to learn more and place your nomination. Nominations close July 1, 2019.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window