North Easton Savings Bank recently announced the successful conclusion of its third “A World for Good” community nonprofit voting campaign.
Throughout each campaign, North Easton Savings Banks encourages their customers, social media followers, and community member to vote for the local organization of their choice. At the end of the campaign, a percentage of $5,000 is distributed to each organization based on how many votes each received.
Beneficiaries of the third campaign (in order of vote percentage captured) included the following organizations:
- Animal Protection Center of Southeastern Massachusetts (Brockton) – an education and outreach animal shelter that provides care and housing for homeless dogs, cats, rabbits and other pets.
- Shane Gives Thanks, Inc. Food Pantry (Carver) – a food pantry founded in 2014 by then seven-year-old Shane that offers healthy, sustainable food options for people and families who would otherwise go without.
- Greater Brockton YouthWorks (Brockton) – a one-stop career center that provides work readiness services and positive guidance for youth ages 14 to 21.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth (Plymouth) – an affiliate of the global nonprofit housing organization that work to build simple, affordable houses for those in need of shelter.
- Sunshine Farm Sanctuary (Bridgewater) – a healing sanctuary dedicated to improving the lives of children in the public foster care system.
- Attleboro Area School to Career Partnership (Attleboro) – an organization located in the high school that works to develop relationships between the school and the city while aiding students in finding both unskilled and skilled jobs.
This latest campaign, which ended on September 30, was North Easton Savings Bank’s third “A World for Good” campaign. Previous campaigns supported We Do Care, Plymouth Task Force to End Homelessness, School on Wheels Massachusetts, Brockton Neighborhood Health Center, Community VNA, Nathan Hale Foundation and Three Harts Farm, the Taunton Area Community Table, Coaching4Change, The Literacy Center, West Side Benevolent Circle, Plymouth Area Coalition, and Easton Wings of Hope.
“Our ‘A World for Good’ community voting campaign has proven to be a great success,” said Rich Spencer, president and CEO of North Easton Savings Bank. “It’s so important to our mission, as a community bank, to support vital organizations in our communities doing such amazing work but are in such desperate need for funding, and we love that community members get a say in how much funding is directed to each organization. We look forward to our next campaign and to supporting even more impressive nonprofits.”