The South Shore Workforce Development Board (SSWDB) has announced the appointment of 15 new members to its Workforce Development Board. The new board members are:
- Warren F. Baker, Partner, Baker, Braverman & Barbadoro, P.C.
- David Bassett, CSEP Director, Operation A.B.L.E., Boston
- Mark Brewster, President and CEO, Brewser Ambulance Service
- Mark Burns, Business Manager/Secretary/Treasurer, Massachusetts Laborer’s Union Local 133
- Jack Cocio, CEO, South Shore Community Action Council, Inc.
- James M. Dunphy, CEO, South Shore Bank
- Kathleen Gallagher, Senior Vice President, Global Operations, State Street Bank and Trust Company
- Thomas J. Hickey, Ed.D., Superintendent-Director, South Shore Vocational Technical High School
- Greg Howell, President, Flexo Concepts
- Kristen Reilly McHugh, Senior Executive Director, BaneCare Management, LLC
- Michael McManama, President and CEO, Decas Cranberry Products, Inc.
- William A. Mitchell, Interim President, Massasoit Community College
- Amy Naples, Executive Director, Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sandy Perakslis, Vice President of Human Resources, Tech-Etch, Inc.
- Laura Sears, Human Resources Manager, Randolph Engineering, Inc.
The SSWDB Board of Directors consists of representatives from private, non-profit and public sectors. The Board provides policy guidance and regional coordination for the workforce development system within the 22 community service delivery area administered by the SSWDB. As required by the Federal Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, the SSWDB is required to have a membership that is private business sector majority.
“A strong and active Workforce Development Board can make a tremendous difference in meeting the needs of our regional job seekers and businesses. I look forward to having the industry knowledge and experiences of these individuals being part of the discussion as we strive to maintain an effective and responsive workforce development system in our region”, commented Quincy Mayor Tom Koch and CEO of the SSWDB.
“We are excited to have these industry leaders join our existing team”, noted Don Uvanitte, Board Chair, “and we look forward to their involvement as we strive to support our region by strengthening our vibrant business community with a skilled workforce.”
For more information on the WDB, visit www.southshorewdb.org.
South Shore Workforce Development Board
The SSWDB is one of 16 Workforce Development Boards across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts tasked with ensuring the alignment of strategic, market driven workforce goals and initiatives through collaboration among local businesses, educational institutions and community partners. Under the direction of Governor Charlie Baker and the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, the SSWDB has oversight responsibility and policy-making authority for federal and state workforce development activities in the South Shore. The SSWDB works in collaboration with the South Shore Career Centers (SSCC) to administer the work of the Massachusetts “One-Stop Career Centers” network in our region designed to support the workforce needs of businesses and job seekers.