State Secretary of Housing & Economic Development Visits The Pinehills

Filed Under: All News & Posts, More News

Massachusetts Secretary of Housing & Economic Development, Michael Kennealy, toured The Pinehills in Plymouth recently to see how Plymouth Town Meeting’s decision to create innovative zoning under its Open Space Mixed Use Development (OSMUD) Zoning Bylaw allows for a new village center with more than 28 business and nearly 800 homes all within walking distance of the Village Green.

Pinehills
Pictured from left to right: Town of Plymouth Director of Planning and Development Lee Hartmann, former state Sen. Vinnie deMacedo, Secretary of Housing and Economic Development Michael Kennealy, state Sen. Susan Moran, The Pinehills’ Managing Partner Tony Green, The Pinehills Executive Vice President Deborah Sedares, Town of Plymouth Select Board Chair Dick Quintal, and state Rep. Mathew Muratore.

 

The Pinehills’ OSMUD requires that 70 percent of the land be open space and common facilities, with the remaining 30 percent for 3,065 homes and 1.3 million square fee. of mixed-use commercial development.

The walking tour through the Village Green included the construction site of the newest mixed-use addition, a 178-apartment home neighborhood that will also include 7,000-square-feet of ground-floor retail being undertaken by The Bozzuto Group, New England Development and The Pinehills.

The Pinehills is larger than the town of Belmont, and collectively, the biggest taxpayer in the Town of Plymouth, adding over $1.4 billion in assessed value to the town’s tax base. The Pinehills has been named Community of the Year, Best Smart Growth Community and Best Master Planned Community in the United States by the National Association of Homebuilders, in part for demonstrating a respect for nature in both new home neighborhoods and the new mixed-use center in the Village Green.


Our latest edition!!!


Menu

Please help support regional biz news with 11k other Professionals.
Free weekly updates.

Your email is confidential and secret.