- This event has passed.
Small Business 101
November 12, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$50 – $75
Former United States Marine, Lamont Jones owner of Lamont Success Plan LLC, is determined to help small businesses access capital. He has been seen on NBC, FOX, and CBS for being able to provide support and guidance to business owners who need assistance securing funding. His experience and expertise are an invaluable resource for anyone looking to start or grow a small business.
This workshop provides an introduction to the basic functions of small business management. We will examine how to start a new business, or successfully run your existing business. Topics include detailed discussions about the business environment; forms of business ownership; human resources and cultural diversity; marketing; promotions; finance; and much more.
The Agenda will cover the following fifteen critical steps on having a successful small business:
- Are you ready for Entrepreneurship?
- Identifying your business opportunity/Finding problems to solve
- Conducting market research
- Choosing a business name, structure, and location
- Obtaining a Business Permit/ federal and state tax ID/Insurance
- Creating a business plan
- Creating a marketing plan
- Promoting your business
- Setting Realistic Goals and Expectations
- Finding start-up money
- Principles of financial management
- Having an Advisory Board/Board of Directors/Mentors
- Using Independent Contractors/Outsourcing/Strategic Alliances
- Setting realistic goals and expectations
- Human Resources and Company Culture
Coffee, tea, water, and lunch will be provided. Please bring along your laptop if you have access to one.