To mark the 20th anniversary of 9/11, AmeriCorps Seniors will be holding drive-thru food drives throughout August and early September on Cape Cod. All donations will benefit the Cape & Islands Veterans Outreach Center.
Drive-thru dates and locations are:
- Aug. 17, 10 a.m.-noon, Barnstable Adult Community Center, 835 Falmouth Road, Hyannis
- Aug. 24, 10 a.m.–noon: Salt Pond Visitor Center, 50 Nauset Road, Eastham
- Aug. 31, 10 a.m.–noon: Barnstable Adult Community Center, 835 Falmouth Road, Hyannis
- Sept. 7, 10 a.m.–noon: Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, 68 Route 134, South Dennis
Drop box Locations, until Sept. 5, are located at:
- Stop & Shop, 425 Attucks Lane, Hyannis
- Stop & Shop, 65 Route 6A, Sandwich
Toiletries, non-perishable foods, and gift cards (Stop & Shop, Shaw’s and CVS) will be accepted. Expired food or clothing will not be accepted.
AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP is sponsored by Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc., a not- for-profit, federally designated Area Agency on Aging, the state designated Aging Services Access Point and the Disability Resource Consortium for Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket counties. AmeriCorps engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps Seniors and AmeriCorps state and national programs and leads the nation’s volunteer service efforts.