From Art and STEM Camps to River Adventure Camp and all types of Sports Camps, the Boys & Girls Club of Marshfield announces new, expanded programming for Summer Camp 2023. Registration is open to families throughout the South Shore.
The club offers 10 weeks of Summer Camp from June 19 through Aug. 25 (excluding Tuesday, July 4). Camp programming is geared towards youth ages 5 to 14. The camp day is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Families can take advantage of weekly or daily options as well as an extended day option, which runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Camp is designated by age groups: Camp Clubhouse Jr. for ages 5 and 6; Camp Clubhouse for ages 7 and 8; and Camp Clubhouse Sr. for ages 9 and 10. Camp Torch, for ages 11 through 13, offers older campers the ability to create their own camp experience. Camp Keystone for ages 14 and 15 (formerly the Summer Camp Counselor In Training program) is a combination of service learning and traditional camp experience with the goal of having fun, socializing and building character.
The Club has expanded their Specialty Camp offerings. Each Specialty camp runs for one week:
- 2-D and 3-D Art Camps, geared towards ages 7-8 and 9-10 respectively, offer various artistic mediums that may include traditional clay techniques and watercolor, painting, collage, Paper Mache, and aluminum tooling.
- Curious Chemists where campers ages 7-8 will discover the basics of physics and create their own toys and games with science.
- River Adventure Camp for campers ages 11-13, includes off-site activities such as kayaking, nature exploration, survival activities, and geocaching.
- Marine Biology Camp, for ages 11-13 and in collaboration with Duxbury Bay Maritime School, is designed to provide a fun and educational experience where campers learn about the ocean and the marine life that inhabits it, while also teaching them the basics of Paddlesports.
- Jr. Lego Masters Camp for ages 9-10, where campers will use Legos to create complex projects ranging from Lego cityscapes to remote controlled Lego robots.
- Become a Hero Camp, for campers age 9-10, create their own superheroes, hero emblems, and hero origin stories. In a week that will take them through crafts, story-telling and outside adventures.
- Multi-Media Camp for ages 9-10, is an introductory experience into different digital media such as fundamentals of video, photography, podcasting, and digital art.
The Club offers specialty Sports Camps for various ages ranging from soccer, basketball and golf to flag football, junior tennis and pickleball. Also offered is a Sports Remix camp for ages 9-10 which is a three-day sports variety program that teaches campers the rules and basic techniques of a new sport such as Lacrosse or Ultimate Frisbee. All info is listed on the club’s website.
Over the past few years, the Boys & Girls Club of Marshfield has made a number of facility enhancements including new outdoor multi-purpose sport courts and new swing sets and slide. These are in addition to their campus features of outdoor (heated) pool, splash park, Molly Fitzgerald Pavilion, air-conditioned gymnasium, playing fields, playground and swings, gaga pit, and indoor activity rooms.
To view all Summer Camp and Specialty Camp details and to register, visit www.bgcmarshfield.org.
The Club also offers financial assistance programs. For questions or assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.