The League of Women Voters of the Cape Cod Area is sponsoring a forum, “The Affordable Housing Dilemma: Resources For Making Progress,” Sunday, April 23, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Tilden Arts Center, Cape Cod Community College, West Barnstable.
In partnership with Amplify POC and Health Ministry USA, the League of Women Voters of the Cape Cod Area will bring together local officials and community groups involved in addressing local housing issues through planning and development. The forum will focus on housing concerns such as availability/inventory, affordability, workforce, environmental and quality of living impacts.
Highlights will include:
- The urgency of the problem
- Immediate needs and challenges
- Current planning and resources towards solutions
- How residents can engage and advocate for resolutions with positive impact
Panelists will be:
- Paul Niedzwiecki, Chief Executive Officer for the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce
- Tara Vargas-Wallace, CEO and President of Amplify POC
- Kristy Senatori, Executive Director, Cape Cod Commission
- Alisa Magnotta, CEO, Housing Assistance Corporation
- Chris Flanagan, First Barnstable State Representative and
Executive Officer of Homebuilders and Remodeling Association of Cape Cod
- Elizabeth Jenkins, Town of Barnstable Director of Planning and Development
- Michael Mecenas, President of Health Ministries, Barnstable