(Hyannis, January 9, 2019) In honor of January as National Blood Donor Month, all those who donate blood at a Cape Cod Healthcare Blood Drive during the month of January will have the opportunity to enter a drawing to win a two-night stay at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort and Kahuna Laguna Indoor Water Park in North Conway, NH, compliments of Red Jacket Resorts. All donors this month will also receive a complimentary movie pass.
Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are in urgent need of blood donations, and numerous blood drives are being held across Cape Cod in January to benefit Cape Cod Healthcare. The hospitals must have at least one week’s worth of blood on hand at all times. Since each unit collected or purchased will only last between 35 to 42 days, it is a constant challenge to maintain sufficient supply.
The majority of this month’s blood drives will be held in the CCHC Blood Mobile, which is located in the parking lot of sponsoring businesses and organizations. All blood collected at CCHC Blood Drives stays on Cape Cod to help our families, friends and neighbors.
Walk-ins are welcome at all blood drives. To make an appointment to donate blood, please visit www.capecodhealth.org/giveblood or call 508-86BLOOD.
January 2019 CCHC Blood Drives
- January 9: 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Seaman’s Bank, 2746 Route 6
- January 11: 12 noon to 6 p.m., St. Joan of Arc Church, 61 Canal Road, Orleans
- January 14: 12 noon to 6 p.m., Falmouth Masons Blood Drive, John Wesley Church, 270 Gifford Street, Falmouth
- January 15: 12 noon to 6 p.m., St. Pius X Parish Life Center, 25 Barbara Street, South Yarmouth
- January 16: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Cape Cod Academy, 50 Osterville West Barnstable Road, Osterville
- January 17: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sencorp, 400 Kidd’s Hill Road, Hyannis
- January 22: 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Northside Church, 701 Airline Road, Brewster
- January 24: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Falmouth Hospital, 100 Ter Heun Drive, Falmouth
- January 28: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cotuit Federated Church, 40 School Street, Cotuit
- January 29: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Shepley Showcase, 75 Ben Franklin Way, Hyannis
- January 30: 12 noon to 6 p.m., Bass River Rod and Gun Club, Route 6A, Yarmouthport
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 450 physicians, 5,300 employees and 790 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare has two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility, and numerous health programs. For more information, visit Cape Cod Healthcare’s web site at www.capecodhealth.org. Cape Cod Healthcare. Visit our health news site www.capecodhealthnews.com for the latest in relevant and credible healthcare news.