The Community Development Partnership (CDP) is seeking nominations from the public for two awards presented to distinguished Lower Cape community members. The 17th Annual Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service and the 8th Annual Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship will be awarded at the CDP’s 30th Annual Meeting, held Thursday, May 19th at the Wellfleet Preservation Hall.
The Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service recognizes individuals, businesses or organizations for their involvement and support for maintaining the economic diversity of the Lower Cape.
The organization seeks nominations of local individuals or organizations that have:
- Demonstrated a positive effect on the community;
- Contributed to a program that improves the livability of the local community;
- Demonstrated goodwill built by developing collaborative efforts with local communities and partnerships with other organizations;
- Demonstrated thoroughness in program/project planning & implementation.
The Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship recognizes an established Lower Cape business owner who has utilized CDP business and credit services, and who has an established community connection through social responsibility, environmental sustainability, volunteer time or financial contributions.
The organization is looking for Lower Cape business owners who have:
- Used the business and credit services offered by the CDP (loans, technical assistance, training, etc.);
- Been in business for a minimum of five years;
- Have three or more full time employees (including themselves);
- Demonstrate community connections either through social responsibility, environmental sustainability, volunteer time or financial contributions.
Businesses must be located in Provincetown, Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham, Orleans, Brewster, Chatham or Harwich.
Nominations should be submitted by Monday, April 4, 2022, to Nina Cantor, Chief Development & Communications Officer at, email@example.com or mailed to Community Development Partnership, 3 Main Street Mercantile, Unit 7 Eastham, MA 02642. Nomination forms are available for download at capecdp.org/news/community-awards. Contact Nina with questions at 508-290-0125.