The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) has released the Draft Cape Cod 2024 Regional Transportation Plan for a 21-day public review and comment period.
The MPO also released FFY 2023-2027 TIP Draft Amendment 3, which includes a decrease in funding to match updated project cost estimates for the Bourne Rotary Improvements Project, and an increase in funding for the purchase of additional transit vehicles through the state’s Mobility Assistance Program. Comments are due by July 17, 2023. More information is available at www.capecodcommission.org/tip.
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is the long-range plan that sets the vision for the region’s transportation system through 2044 and beyond. The RTP sets the priorities for federal and state spending on transportation projects in your community.
“The development of the 2024 Regional Transportation Plan provides a pathway for future significant investment in our region,” said Cape Cod Commission Deputy Director Steven Tupper. “Transportation planning not only supports improvements in the way in which people travel to and around the region, but supports regional priorities including economic development, housing, and climate change adaptation and mitigation.”
Members of the public are invited to review these documents and provide comments. The Draft 2024 RTP can be found at: www.capecodcommission.org/rtp.
The public is invited to attend upcoming meetings to learn more about the RTP and submit public comments.
- Monday, July 10, 5:30 p.m., Bourne Veteran’s Memorial Community Center | Room 2, 239 Main St., Buzzards Bay
- Tuesday, July 11, 11 a.m., Hyannis Transportation Center, 215 Iyannough Road, Hyannis
- Tuesday, July 11, 6 p.m. (virtual). Meeting Link: www.capecodcommission.org/
outreach/join, Passcode: join
Cape Cod Commission Transportation Program
Attn: Colleen Medeiros, Transportation Program Manager
3225 Main Street (Route 6A) | PO Box 226
Barnstable MA 02630-0226
- Fax to the attention of Colleen Medeiros, Transportation Program Manager, FAX: 508-362-3136
- Email: Put “2024 RTP” in the subject line and send to: transportation@
- Online public comment form: Fill out an online public comment form by visiting this link: cccom.link/RTP-comments
A virtual public meeting of the Cape Cod MPO is scheduled for July 24, at 1 p.m. to hear additional public comments and consider endorsement of 2024 RTP.
Contact Colleen Medeiros at 508-744-1226 for further information.