The Community Development Partnership is seeking nominations from Lower Cape residents for two awards presented annually to distinguished community members, the Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service and the Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship. The awards will be presented at the CDP’s 29th Annual Meeting Thursday, April 30, at Wellfleet Preservation Hall.
The Gwen Pelletier Award for Excellence in Community Service was created to honor longtime former CDP Executive Director Gwen Pelletier, for her years of service to the Lower Cape Community. The award recognizes individuals, businesses or organizations for their involvement and support for maintaining the economic diversity of the Lower Cape.
The organization seeks nominations of local individuals, businesses or organizations that have:
- Demonstrated a positive effect on the community.
- Contributed to a program that improves the livability of the local community.
- Demonstrated goodwill built by developing collaborative efforts with local communities and partnerships with other organizations.
- Demonstrated thoroughness in program/project planning & implementation.
The Norm Edinberg Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship was created to honor the late Norm Edinberg, a longtime CDP board member, for his years of service to the Lower Cape business community. The award recognizes an established Lower Cape business owner who has utilized CDP business and credit services, and who has an established community connection through social responsibility, environmental sustainability, volunteer time or financial contributions.
The organization is looking for Lower Cape business owners who have:
- Used the business and credit services offered by the CDP (loans, technical assistance, training, etc.)
- Been in business for a minimum of five years
- Three or more full time employees (including themselves)
- An established community connection either through social responsibility, environmental sustainability, volunteer time or financial contributions
- A business located in Provincetown, Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham, Orleans, Brewster, Chatham or Harwich
The CDP welcomes nominations of individuals or businesses meeting the above qualifications. Nominations should be submitted by Friday, March 20, to Britt Beedenbender, email@example.com or 3 Main Street Mercantile, Unit 7 Eastham, MA 02642.
Nomination forms are available for download on the CDP website. Contact Beedenbender with questions at 508-240-7873, ext. 25.
Our latest Edition! Open in New Window