Falmouth, MA, January 22, 2024 – The Falmouth Commodores organization is pleased to announce three new Board members who were recently elected as At-Large Directors. They are: Patricia Barksdale, Sean Gallagher, and Joanne Hyde.
- Patricia is new to the Commodores Board. She has been a long-time host family for the Commodores and is actively involved in the Housing Committee. Pat has an EA (Enrolled Agent) certification and has owned and managed a tax and management consulting business until she recently retired.
- Sean Gallagher has been a long-time volunteer with the Commodores and prior Board Member. Sean manages the Commodores’ George Creighton Scholarship and is owner of Gallagher Family Chiropractors.
- Joanne Hyde has been an active volunteer since 2019 as the Game Day Supervisor, managing the intern recruiting process and teaching the Game Day interns their roles. Throughout her career Joanne has worked in HR departments for various corporations. She also resided on the Board as Director of the Housing Committee. Linda Peters, previously serving as an At-Large Director, has assumed the responsibility for the Director of the Housing Committee.
Other recent appointments to the Board include:
- Ernie Hyde was elected as Vice President to the Board. Ernie has served on the Board as Director for the Broadcast and Media Committee for several years. Hal Rood has recently assumed the position of Broadcast & Media Director.
- Chuck Sturtevant was elected to the Board as Director of Baseball Operations. Chuck has served as President of the Commodores and the Cape Cod Baseball League. He has been involved with the League for over 35 years. Mike Murray has been appointed Assistant Director of Baseball Operations.
In addition to the Directors, the organization relies on several Board Advisors who lend their expertise. All Board members and Advisors bring a significant amount of experience in various backgrounds to the Commodores organization. They also generously volunteer their time to help the organization operate.
For the full list of all Board Directors and Advisors, visit falmouthcommodores.com.
About the Falmouth Commodores
The Falmouth Commodores are a collegiate summer baseball team based in Falmouth, MA. They are one of 10 teams comprising the Cape Cod Baseball League, the premier collegiate summer baseball league in the nation. The Commodores play their home games at Arnie Allen Diamond at the Guv Fuller Field in Falmouth (located at 790 Main Street, behind the Falmouth Senior Center). Visit falmouthcommodores.com for additional information.
Email – Communications@falmouthcommodores.com | Cell – (781) 662-5967