Retired Mashpee Fire Chief Tom Rullo has been named the Mashpee Chamber of Commerce’s 2022 Citizen of the Year.
Rullo has been fire chief for 10 years and a firefighter for more than 39 years. He also serves as a member of the Mashpee Substance Use Task Force; served as Mashpee’s Emergency Management Coordinator and created a COVID-19 in-home and community clinical response team for Mashpee residents with the help of the Mashpee Community Health Center, Christ the King Church and the Cape Cod Church in Falmouth.
Rullo’s guidance and leadership in all tasks during his career have been invaluable to Mashpee, the chamber said in a press release.
The chamber also announced its 2022 Unsung Heroes, a new award category specifically for those instrumental during the pandemic. The Unsung Heroes are:
- Stacey Schakel – Mashpee School Nurse
- Judy Snarskey – Stop & Shop
- Linda Rowe – Roche Bros.
- Ben Mouradian – Laurentide at Mashpee Commons
- Dick Reilly – Christ the King Food Pantry
- Gail Walsh – Christ the King Food Pantry
- Dr. David Tager – Community Health Center
- Ruth Provost – Boys & Girls Club of Cape Cod
- Nelson Andrews, Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Emergency Management Department and Mashpee Indian Health Services
- Rita Pocknett-Gonsalves, Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Emergency Management Department and Mashpee Indian Health Services
All award winners will be recognized at the Mashpee Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Cocktail Party at The Club at New Seabury on May 18 at 5:30 p.m. Register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/o/mashpee-chamber-of-commerce-33737354845