NeighborWorks® Housing Solutions (NHS; www.nhsmass.org) will hold a webinar and panel discussion exploring strategies to increase diversity in the construction and housing development industries on Thursday, May 5, via Zoom from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
“This timely webinar will address how we all must work together to expand opportunities in development and strengthen capacity,” said Robert Corley, CEO of NeighborWorks Housing Solutions. “We invite all stakeholders, from general contractors to state and local officials, subcontractors and developers, to join us on May 5 and learn strategies to meet and exceed minority and women business enterprise participation goals.”
Participants will have the opportunity to review state agency guidance and learn how one local municipality and General Contractors have been successful in meeting Minority & Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) participation goals in development projects.
Panelists will include:
- André Barbour, Diversity & Inclusion Director, NEI General Contracting
- Benjamin Coulehan, Director of Preconstruction, NEI General Contracting
- John Curtis, President, Curtis Construction Co.
- Robert Jenkins, Executive Director, Brockton Redevelopment Authority
- Will Morgan, Affordable Housing Project Manager, CEDAC
- Travis Watson, Director of Racial Equity and Community Engagement, MHIC
A Q & A session will follow the presentation at which time webinar participants can discuss their challenges in achieving diversity goals and address what can be done, individually and collectively, to ensure increased MWBE participation throughout the region.
For registration and additional information or to submit specific questions, contact Maureen Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.