The Chatham Fund of The Cape Cod Foundation recently awarded $40,000 in grants to seven local nonprofit organizations providing a variety of programs and services for seniors, families and other vulnerable populations throughout the Chatham community.
The 2022 recipients are:
- Alzheimer’s Family Caregiver Support Center, $5,000 to fund free support groups for Chatham’s Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias community;
- Cape Abilities, $5,000 to support its “Growing Friendships” program that partners a volunteer with a Cape Abilities participant to build relationships and foster friendships for both parties;
- Chatham Orpheum Theatre, $1,000 to support its Senior Movie Day, which provides free movies to seniors residing in assisted living facilities in Chatham;
- Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, $6,500 to support “Meals on Wheels” in Chatham, a program that provides nutritionally balanced meals to elders;
- Family Pantry of Cape Cod, $5,000 to support its “Healthy Eating for Healthy Living” program, which will provide 20,000 meals to Chatham residents in need during 2022;
- Monomoy Community Services, $10,000 to support outreach and operations maintenance for existing programs and resources used by the most economically challenged members of the Chatham community.
The Chatham Fund also awarded $7,500 to the Homeless Prevention Council for personalized case management for Chatham residents to access financial resources, housing preservation, and other programs that promote stability. This grant was supplemented with a $1,000 contribution from The Harwich Fund of The Cape Cod Foundation and $1,500 from the Dorothy F. and George W. Cahoon, Jr. Fund of The Cape Cod Foundation to provide similar case management services to Harwich and Orleans residents, respectively.
“By leveraging resources, we were able to bring a total of $10,000 in housing support to residents across the Lower Cape at a time of unprecedented need,” said Henry R. Holden, Advisory Committee Chair.
Holden was among a group of residents who established The Chatham Fund with the Foundation in 2013 to build a permanent endowment for the town through private donations. Since inception, the fund has awarded $352,345 in grants to nonprofit organizations enhancing the quality of life in the community.
To donate to The Chatham Fund, visit chathamfund.org or send a check payable to The Chatham Fund to The Cape Cod Foundation, 261 Whites Path, Unit 2; South Yarmouth, MA 02664.