Getting Married? There’s Nothing Quite Like a Cape Cod Beach Wedding What could possibly be more beautiful than a beach wedding? The ocean is the ultimate backdrop and, if there’s one thing that Cape Cod has plenty of, it’s beautiful beaches. In fact, Cape Cod is one of the top two locations to get married in Massachusetts (the other being Boston). So, why have a beach wedding on the Cape? Here are just a few great reasons:
Beautiful backdrop – The backdrop of beautiful, sandy beach and the blue ocean is a memorable setting during the wedding. Your guests will remember this one.
Less hassle – Beach weddings require fewer decisions for the bride and groom, which make them easier and less time-consuming to plan.
Photo opportunities – For more dramatic photos, you can schedule a sunrise or sunset wedding.
Accommodations – Many hotels, including the Corsair and Cross Rip, offer wonderful wedding packages that include lodging for you and your guests, and many other perks.
Affordability – Forget about booking grand ballrooms or barns. Beach wedding packages are one of the most affordable available.
For the couple that wants a smaller wedding (but perhaps doesn’t want hurt feelings by leaving some people off the invite list), a beach wedding can be ideal. Not only is it incredibly romantic, but it’s also a great opportunity to really show your closest friends and family how much they mean to you (think: budgeting for generous welcome bags and fancy favors). If you need even more reason for a beach wedding, brides can get away with bare feet. Grooms can go without bowties. Your entire bridal party can be more comfortable and relaxed in their attire. Your guests can even kick off their flip flops and wiggle their toes in the sand. Plus, the picturesque ceremony can be topped off by an outdoor reception. Getting married on Cape Cod in the spring or fall tends to be less expensive than during the height of summer tourist season. You can also expect less traffic than you will experience during the peak vacation months of June, July, and August. Travel from almost anywhere will be easier. If you want the beach wedding of your dreams, The Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront Resort in Dennis Port offers great wedding and event packages to choose from. They also allow you the option to choose your own vendors, include your own caterer AND use one of the resort’s beach houses for your accommodations, if you like.
They can also provide you the options of not only having a larger oceanfront ceremony, but also a tented wedding if you prefer, or an oceanfront cocktail party, or a micro beach house wedding for a more intimate celebration. They have a variety of rooms, suites and homes on the property for even further accommodations for your guests. It’s all up to you. Located on the shores of Nantucket Sound, The Corsair and Cross Rip has a one-wedding-per- weekend policy, because your wedding should be special. Just as important, you have the services of a professional wedding coordinator available to communicate your needs to the staff, vendors and your guests.
Cape Cod, with its natural beauty, vibrant culture, and large selection of activities and fine restaurants, truly has something for everybody. Whether you live an active lifestyle and want to bike, kayak, or fish; or you prefer browsing shops on main streets, attending museums, or catching a show, Cape Cod will deliver.
Located on the shores of Nantucket Sound, our family-oriented resort has all of the amenities of larger Cape Cod resorts, but without the price tag. Our facilities include pools, game rooms, cafes, and beachfront food service. Bring your family to Oceanfront Hotels Dennis Port , and give them an experience they’ll never forget. And their specialty is: Beach Weddings Cape Cod Ma
A variety of facilities that include three pools (indoor and out) with whirlpools and game room. Save for a few, all of the rooms feature kitchenettes with full-size appliances and Jacuzzi or Kohler brand whirlpool tubs in the bathroom. The oceanfront resort boasts a new waterfront cafe for pool or beachfront food and drink. Complimentary wifi throughout along with attentive pleasant staff to service all your vacation needs. Accommodations are nonsmoking and pet-free (with exception of service animals).
The Deep End Cafe is a new addition to the resort. Located on the bluff, overlooking the ocean at the Cross Rip serving beach fair food and alcoholic and, non-alcoholic beverages and frozen drinks.
Open 2nd to last weekend in June to Labor Day, Daily from 11am (weather permitting).
- What if I need more ceremony chairs? The fee per chair is approximately $4. You also have the option to have white benches which are priced approximately at $30 and fit about 5-6 people per bench.
- What happens if we have inclement weather on my wedding day? The beach house or tented facilities have ample room to set up for plan B for both your ceremony and cocktail hours. Our white wooden trellis would be used as the focal point for your ceremony under the tent.
- What time should the ceremony begin? If you are hosting your ceremony on-site, we recommend scheduling your ceremony to begin an hour and a half prior to the scheduled start time of your reception. As we only host one wedding per day we will work with you to customize your time line. All receptions must end no later than 9pm, so if this is the desired time, your timeline will be worked back from that end time.
- Is a Walk-thru Rehearsal provided? Yes, for on-site ceremonies our professional coordinator will practice this with you when you are here. The wedding coordinator will also do a run-through on Friday with you and the wedding party and arrive an hour before your ceremony and stay through the entire reception to ensure your needs are being met.
- Do you host wedding receptions during the summer? We are not able to accommodate wedding receptions during our peak summer season of July and August. Perhaps you might consider hosting your wedding with us in late June or early September?
- Do you offer vegetarian, gluten-free/or special dietary restrictions menus? Of course! Our suggested caterer(s) are happy to accommodate your needs.
- May I bring my own wine/liquor to the event? Our liquor license does not permit guests to supply or serve their own alcohol. Our bar manager will be happy to review our offerings and customize your package as needed.
- May I bring in my own food? No, with the exception of the dessert, all foods must be through an MA licensed caterer with a local commercial kitchen to store and prepare foods. This requires food safety certifications for everyone’s protection and enjoyment.
A recent Corsair Cross Rip TripAdvisor Review:
“We just left the property yesterday, 4 adults for a 4 night stay. We stayed in the Commodore house. This home is fabulous! Has EVERYTHING you need. I can’t think of one single thing that is missing. Mark was excellent to communicate with and very friendly, as was Sapphire. Booking was very easy, the lease very easy and reasonable. We would definitely stay here again. The home was very clean and so very well appointed. And, the VIEW was just fantastic. There is a private beach. We were there on off season so it was very quiet, as we like it. Since it was off season, the amenities were closed, but I can imagine the owners keep these just as well maintained and clean as the rest of the place. The house is also stocked with plenty of games in case of a rainy day, or just hanging out in the evening. There are plenty of restaurants around and lots to do. We haven’t been to the Cape in over 16 years. Wish we had found this place earlier. I don’t think we would even consider staying anywhere else in the future. Thank, Mark, for a great experience.”