The Fund for Sandwich of The Cape Cod Foundation recently awarded $10,000 in grants to ten nonprofit organizations serving the community.
“This year’s grant awards have been made in memory of Frederick S. Lane, a great supporter of The Fund for Sandwich,” said Paul Houlihan, a member of the fund’s Advisory Committee. “The nonprofit organizations that received grants are providing nutritious meals, assistance with fuel bills, grief support, health care, programs for at-risk youth, and other critical services to Sandwich residents of all ages in need.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Cape Kid Meals, $1,500. For weekend food support in Sandwich schools;
- Sandwich Council on Aging $1,500. To support the fuel assistance fund;
- Behavioral Health Innovators, $1,000. To support the PASS program for at-risk youth in Sandwich;
- Community Health Center, $1500. To support case management services for Sandwich residents;
- Colorful Kidz, $1,500. To support room makeovers for Sandwich youth in need;
- Sharing Kindness, $1,500. To support grief programs for elderly and disabled residents at Shawme Heigths II in Sandwich
- Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands, $1,500. To support the Meals on Wheels Program for Sandwich residents.
Since the Fund for Sandwich was established in 2017, it has awarded more than $68,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations. The Fund’s Advisory Committee will continue to seek private donations to support the wide range of nonprofits serving the Sandwich community and will conduct a seventh grantmaking process in 2023 to support additional organizations.
To donate to The Fund for Sandwich, visit fundforsandwich.org or send a check payable to The Fund for Sandwich to: The Cape Cod Foundation, 261 Whites Path, Unit 2, South Yarmouth, MA 02664. For additional information, contact the Cape Cod Foundation or email email@example.com.